Friday, November 1, 2013

NSC Museum

In regard to the placement and structure of the museum, it's pretty obvious to the observer that it displays the dominance of man over the surrounding nature. The Museum stands as a monolith on the top of a huge hill, surrounded all below by forested areas, and the statue of the horses directly beneath adjacent to the road. Of course, part of its landscape as such is meant to pay homage to nature and animals in general, as the NSC does inside its walls. But it is strictly in a sense of appreciation of those things humans find as beneath them. It seems an arrogant notion, in this sense, to attempt to objectively appreciate something we feel superior to or above. Rather than this homage to nature making us equal with it, the museum seems purposefully built as if to denote human superiority.

If I were my spirit animal, seeing what the homo sapiens had done in order to research and understand my species, I would feel appalled, bewildered, and confused. If humans wanted so desperately to learn about me and my habits, why would they kill members of my species, my brothers and sisters, in order to do so. Seeing other wolves that had been stuffed and put on display would fill me with an immense sorrow, that they had died for so petty a cause. Wolves are meant to live freely, with other members of their pack, not to die simply to become empty shells or empirical study. I would become distraught and angry at how callous humans could be in taking the lives of others, being who have as much right to this earth as them. I would run as far away as I could from this barbaric species.
I would think that the human race was a stupid, insensitive, narcissistic race of beings. They only care for themselves, and nothing for the lives of others. They claim in their slaughter of beasts to be helping create awareness for all life, yet take life in the doing of the thing. This makes no sense, and seems counter-productive to their so called aims. They seem to be obsesses with possession, taking for their own anything that seems worthy or valuable, leaving destruction in their wake and nothing left for the rest of us. I would wish that humans had never existed, that their stone halls had never been constructed, to hallow the lives which they themselves took from innocent beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment